Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lessons from a cow


SOLD
acrylic and color pencil on paper. The painted area is 4 x 6 inches
On my way to the airport to pick up our sons, my husband drove and I painted. The frost heaves and curves leant the picture a blotchyness and all I could do was laugh through it. My youngest sister, a vet, gave me these 12 lessons for life from a cow: 1. Wake up in a happy mooo-d. 2. Don't cry over spilled milk. 3. When chewingyour cud remember there is no fat, no calories, no cholesterol and no taste. 4. The grass is greener on the other side of the fence. 5. Turn the udder cheek and mooove on. 6. Seize every opportunity and milk it for all it's worth. 7. Honor thy fodder and thy mother and all your udder relatives. 8. Never take any bull from anybody. 9. Always let them know who's the bossy. 10. Stepping on cowpies brings good luck. 11. Black and white is always a fashion statement. 12. Don't forget to cow-nt your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment