Sunday, May 3, 2009

What happens?



I had only a short time to paint today. This 6 x 6 inch painted wood panel is meant to be looked at through the lenses of humor. Lately I have found creating images to be my sole source of joy. That said, it all too often reflects the junk outside the studio and I do not know how to avoid it. This started out as part of my 4
8-paintings-for-my-48th series
, as an image of my high-school room mate. When I first saw her I was immediately drawn out of my own shyness. She was so inspiring. An actress! And she was of Persian royal descent. So all is going smoothly until I spy another section of the Los Angeles Sunday Times and headlines fall from my scissors into the picture. So should I laugh or should I cry?

1 comment:

  1. HI Tilly-
    As usual, I like to hear the ramblings in your brain that then translate into creative process. The words are always thought provoking.
    GK

    ReplyDelete