Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Girl loves her swing


This is a panel about 9 x 9 inches with collage California street maps and headlines from Los Angeles (sunday) Times newspaper. Thinking back to my early years I recall the joy my dad brought to us when he roped up a swing from the highest tree in the yard. It was always amazing to me that he could climb so far and then give me a way to fly into the sky. A lot of dreams were born with the cadence of that swing.
At about the same time as that memory my mother took me to an empty open room that used to be the chapel in the Bishop's house and said it could be a studio. She gave my sister and me each a box of office supplies. We hung paintings and drawings from the open grill work and hosted receptions with skits and performances.

2 comments:

  1. Tilly,
    Looks like a good series, great little painting. Brings memories for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't life simpler back then... the days when you could just savor the smell of fresh mown grass and watch a dragon fly try to and on your nose?

    ReplyDelete