Saturday, December 12, 2009

Contemplating the Nest (at my age!)




This is yesterday's painting- 18 x 12 inches
Acrylic on birch wood panel with map collage elements.

Reviewing the Maplebrook show- which exhibits works of mine spanning 20 years, I see that the nest has been a constant recurring symbol for me. It has meant various things as i have spent the last two decades raising children, building a home, carving time for work, and reaching out to neighbors. Perhaps it is time to leave the nest behind. So, in order to MOVE ON, I let myself paint one more and hope for the best. It was a brave and appalling experience to look at myself this way.

1 comment:

  1. Honesty should never be seen as appalling,but spices in the
    fragrance of beauty.And you may be leaving the nest behind, but the home
    is where you'll be always found.
    Good luck gorgeous

    ReplyDelete