Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tiny wing in silver frame





Well- When you think you should start to fly, I imagine a small wing would feel appropriate. Paired with the Tiny Nest from a few days ago, I see the poetry of transformation. Both are individually 2.75 x 4.25 inches framed. Acrylic on primed cotton canvas. 
I have focused on painting just the leading edge of one wing. For maximum lift potential it needs to be strong and light. 
Lately, I have sought time for reflection. Pondering questions such as, for what purpose do I paint? Why does it need to be posted and seen? Perhaps it is by painting images of my toil and growth that I tap into a common memory. By letting others see and enjoy the work, I keep the flow of the Muse. Too much reflection and analysis might kill all my enthusiasm. Too much reliance on the market valuation will kill it too. These are unique times for me. I have never seen a fall in economy as I have these last few months. I have been painting full time for the last 5 years, and it has been a blessing and privilege. Thanks to all my blog readers who send me comments, encouragement, questions, and insights. I hope this week finds you with both wings and a cozy nest.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you like this- really had a mind blowing experience looking at A. Durer's etchings under magnifying glass. His renditions of wings are so graceful and divine.The vassar show ends today.;-(

    ReplyDelete