Thursday, February 1, 2007

WHO can Resist?


I felt pretty crummy today, with a head cold- My husband told me to forget about it- just skip a day- "who would notice?" But I couldn't- because I would notice. So I went with an alternate plan, a method that takes the skill right out of the equation: "the resist" . Remember doing this in grade school? I painted the lightest areas on the canvas with rubber cement and followed each application with another color wash and more rubber cement. The canvas ended up looking completely dark. Then I rubbed away at the surface, removing the cement and revealing the image. It is an out of control method and it ensures that no one is to blame. If it turns out yucky- well- you never know...and yet actually it turned out pretty nice. Who can resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment