Saturday, May 26, 2007

Asparagus Tip


This little piece is 3 1/2 x 4 inches acrylic and collaged wood. Delicate and whimsical. I spent today at the Farmer's market and it brought me back in time to when my husband raised and sold chickens. And I had hair long enough to sit on and he had a full head of hair...Little toddlers careened by and picked up blocks of paintings and their parents apologized and it reminded me of how I had to keep Kent contained (when he was 4 and would steal fruit), otherwise I would chase him down and be caught wrenching his fingers loose from his treasure. It was a lot of work...but it was the life! We lived with the seasons of the farm and together as a family did all the work. For nine years we sold at farmers markets in NYC and Millbrook and Kent CT. Today was an awesome day- instead of food to sell I had art about food. I did really well, sending lots of my past daily paintings into new homes.

1 comment: