Tuesday, May 8, 2007

yesterday we had a barn party





Yesterday we, (my dad and I), dusted and swept the corners of the barn and hosted about 50-60 visitors- well wishers and those just curious- sharing Betsy's refreshments under the glow of the map mural. It was really nice. The barn looked great adorned with paintings and sculptures by my uncle Laurent Davidson, my aunt Joan, my great grandad Jo Davidson, Howard Simon and dad's latest in a line up of unique lamps. Everyone "oohed" and "aahed" over the stormy skies of my uncle's paintings. I was proud to be so well brought up, so surrounded by good artists. I missed my grandma Zabet. She loved an art opening. Not sure when the map will actually go to the train station. No date has been set as several Metro North committees and regulations have to be checked first.
Meanwhile-my daily painting continues- the chicks are growing-

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love following your trail of living your art. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete