Thursday, August 30, 2007

Moving a studio



I am in the process of moving out of one studio- in the basement, and into another-a barn loft. So bear with me while I may not be able to paint and post daily. The benefit of the new space- though a bit smaller- is the height of the ceiling, the skylight and air. The basement has been filling with the boys motorcycles and fumes. I feel shoved further from the daylight. As you can see in my new space there are a lot of books- and they are really really great books- and, if I am not careful, whole afternoons can sweep by while I skim worlds between signatures. The one thing I have to leave in place is my dad's reading chair- next to his Japonese literature collection. I'll post a picture of that spot soon! How lucky am I, to have my dad come with my studio?

No comments:

Post a Comment