Thursday, November 15, 2007

Forest Guide


Acrylic and sewn paper, 11 x 7 inches SOLD
I am getting better at sitting still and doing nothing for 30 minutes a day. Amazingly, it seems to add time to the day! My favorite chair faces the woods and my thoughts wander to prayer, gratitude lists, following air to my lungs, and then on to silly questions like: what needs to be defrosted for dinner; will the rain short out the electric cord to the coop; how did my sister get the mumps? Food, energy, disease. Followed by prayer, gratitude, air, question, repeat. THEN PAINT.
This is the way I get through the forest.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific. This composition seems the strongest in the series. I like the dynamic of the forest floor to the trees. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilly, youre on to something with this one. more! more! I love it!
    love the words at the bottom like fallen leaves and the colors are sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this inspirational Artwork Tilly, I am so happy to own it! Can't wait to get it.
    GK

    ReplyDelete