Saturday, December 15, 2007

Wake up


7 x 7 inches, acrylic on paper
I UNDERSTAND that being at a funeral can make the spectators feel alive. There is a sort of twist to it. But what I don't get, amid the laughter of family and friends and holiday food, is WHY we are here in the first place. Is it just to enjoy what pleasures the good times bring? There is so much force to living. Tons of details to the daily grind. Miracles in the eyeballs of posterity...but my soul wonders...Why are we here? Where is the study of consciousness?
Later:
As I spent the afternoon driving (to parties), I wondered if the reason we are here is to move. Perhaps by expending energy we create energy and fuel the universe? But, undeniably, the gift is to be still. The truth seems to be that we can't stop moving- so we need to choose carefully, acknowledge positive motion, and meditate on stillness.

No comments:

Post a Comment