Sunday, October 12, 2008

Route 22 with hen



Yesterday I painted at the McEnroe Farm stand. The view up route 22 was just spectacular. 8 x 10 x 2 inches wrap around canvas...
I also bought a canvas from a junk dealer at the "crafts fair"and painted over the original scene, trying to save the tree in the center...attempting to make a bad painting better. Lots of spectators gave their two cents worth. So this painting is worth about $15..stretched canvas, 18 x 24inches...
A friend observed that painting in public seems to inspire me...and it does! In addition I painted a portrait of the farmers son as he grilled pork for sandwiches. With only the colors on my pallete and my dirty water, it came out incredibly well! If I may say so...I gave it to them in a manner of paying it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment