Monday, February 2, 2009

February New England Blizzard


I was just warming my bones in Florida and now find I have to bare the skin to more winter storms. The house is under a blanket of white. The woods entice me as dark inky streaks with branches like hands patterning the sky. My family has needs. I wish there were signs of spring. I am trying to be hopeful. No word on the studio space in town. So I must be generous and creative. This painting, a mix of collage, paint, and ink on paper measures 15 x 9 inches. It is a form of manefesting reality. First I pretend to be generous and creative and then I become creative and generous! Not much is selling- but I keep making stuff anyway. I guess I would, no matter what- as long as I am alive. Painting serves me as a form of meditation, lucid dreaming, manifestation, and study. It answers me with clues as to why I am here, what I am supposed to be doing, and how to do it. That is the Muse.

3 comments:

  1. tilly, you ought to look into opening an etsy shop. there is an astronomical amount of traffic there! you would have a much wider audience and more opportunity for sales! check out some of their art sites...
    i'll let you know when i'll be back in millerton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is very creative..and in the middle of winter - that's a good thing! It serves as a beacon. Enjoy the mysteries of winter.

    ReplyDelete