Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine For the Birds to dance


SOLD  
This is a wooden panel cut to the shape of a heart- 8 1/2 inches tall by 9 inches wide. It is photographed against the New York Times article as backdrop. Hope it doesn't look too confusing. I won't be able to reshoot it anytime today while I RUN around hither and yon.
I painted it in acrylics, and then drew with color pencils, and then collaged birds that I had silkscreened onto maps. There is a lot of movement in the work. You can hardly recognize the antlers anymore.
The traditional day for celebrating Valentine's day falls on the day many believe birds find their mates. I have loaded up the bird-feeders around the house, drawn open the curtains and I am wistfully aware that I may JUST possible catch a dance or two in the sky. Look up. Look outside. Look to the dance in your own heart.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tilly-
    This is so beautiful. It makes me happy. Thanks,
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Tilly! I was watching the seagulls float on the wind up high in the sky here in Portland just a little while ago...

    ReplyDelete