Saturday, April 4, 2009

TWo birds grieving cut rose

Same methods all week long
- pigmented pulp and flax paper, silkscreen maps and paint. 6 x 9 inches
I am going to the big New York City tonight to see some shows- I am afraid of getting depressed in Chelsea. An extreme possibility because it is April, rainy, and my art seems so far from the hype of what is relevant and showing.
How can I even talk about what I have been doing .... why maps? Bird maps could mean something about flight. They could also be creature messengers of routes. Much of the imagery relies on the viewer to put it together. I like pairings that poetically relate in a transforming manner. After showing 20 samples of my work at the Rosendale slide slam last Tuesday I am more confirmed that ever that my work seeks to reveal (to me) how we move through crisis and grief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment