Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thank goodness for girlfriends


About 5 x 7 inches, acrylic and collage on wood panel.
The source is a surprise party thrown for my 12th birthday...I hadn't known any of these girls for long, and I am still amazed that they cared enough to do that for me. I had almost forgotten about it. Funny how we remember the traumatic things that happen to us (most of the time) and yet we often completely forget the wonderful expressions of support we have been given.
Today the image is pertinent to me because I know have been leaning on my girlfriends- some of whom I haven't known for a long time. And some, whom I have known longer, have traveled long distances just to say hi and remind me of good times. I feel fortunate that my sisters and my girlfriends are there for me to call upon when I am scared and they will keep me from totally ruining my life. No small request. They have done it before and will do it again. This is my "holding pattern".

No comments:

Post a Comment