Sunday, August 9, 2009

Installing @Wassaic Project





I am thrilled to be part of a giant group show and art festival filling the historic Maxon Mills granary down the road in Wassaic. This summer's festival will be open from August 13-16th... and there are performance artists, bands, poetry slams, interactive installations, dancers, campers, and 40-something visual artists with work on display. I am thrilled to have my paintings hanging in a cool annex of the mill- the old hotel. I am hanging with my studio mate Emmy Bright. Emmy moves to Providence, Rhode Island on the 17th so this is our "swan song".
The work I have chosen to display (with Emmy's paper. bone and wire lamps) are a handful of the daily paintings documenting my relationship during the last days with two close friends who died the spring of 2008. I have not hung them on display before this. The peeling walls and soft light lend an intense complimentary aura to the work. Stop by and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment