Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Something about procrastination

I think, after being married for decades, the sight of a closet stripped half-bare can rob the beat of  the hardest of hearts'. That said- I have started placing my shoes on some of the empty shelves. I even uncovered from the jumble crammed behind the door (my side of the closet) a pair of silver gray heels that I completely forgot I owned.
I should be cleaning. Tomorrow my mother and two nieces arrive. As well as my "collaborator" at Wassaic- Emmy. They all need places to sleep. Then in two days two additional kids- my nephew and his friend and my cousin arrive to sleep over. I should be cleaning... but instead I am organizing the basement.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my. We must be twins in some other life. But really for what you have been and are going through, you are doing just what you need to do at this moment. Let the kids make up their beds (with assist);take what ever you will need until they leave and put it whereever, then give them big green plastic garbage bags - and creatively challenge them to put all paper stuff, or all clothes, or all books, etc. in a garbage bag of it's own; --Place the garbage bags anyplace because I can guarantee they will not get damage if they are closed tightly. Then it is ALL DONE in 1/4 of the time (those "things" do not hold a 'let me look through this' place in their hearts.

    You can relax knowing you have help coming. Maybe cook them something they love as a thanks.

    It sounds like some are there to help anyway?

    Good luck,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete