Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thank you for everything

I asked my students today to tell me two things they were thankful for and it was a struggle for them to come up with something outside of the usual "my family" and "my friends". Sensing my exasperation, one volunteered, "my pets" and "my sister".
Perhaps it's just me, but there are days, on my early drive to work, when I think of what I am thankful for and it runs the gamut from "gravity" to "my breathe". My list can be really long and it DOES include my family and my friends. Here is a quick relief print, a Collagraph, (from the greek word Kolla- meaning glue), I threw together this weekend. Rough and yet to the point.


Printed on some cool paper, embedded with leaves, that my sons gave me for Christmas last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment