Saturday, February 6, 2016

Deering Plein Aire event

In partnership with the Grovehouse artists this weekend, Deering is hosting the annual plein aire event on the grounds of the historic estate. I didn't feel well enough to participate fully, but I did swing by to check out the artists at work. They will be there tomorrow as well. It's fun to see how each artist frames their perspective of the place. Back at my studio I played with my own version on a 3 inch by 3 inch canvas. I've set it against a frame of splashy colors; all fun shapes in both pigment and pulp.
I added the evening flocks of birds going to Chicken key for the night, and hints of the mother and baby manatee in the foreground waters.

Patricia Cummins


Jacqueline Gopie's painting
Check out these two artists: Patricia Cummins and Jackie Gopie


No comments:

Post a Comment