Monday, June 4, 2018

My laughing paintings




I can't bake very well in the kitchen YET I have been whipping up this batch of cakes with my bare hands- finger painting with the joy of moving color and feeling the paint ooze between my fingers and under my nails. Life is about the small things: a candle, some frosting, memories, gatherings and laughter.
June is a time for transitions and celebrations. My school job is wrapping up and presenting me with a much needed break. My sisters children have all graduated with honors from their institutions making their grandparents especially proud. Gatherings have been festive. Unfortunately, I have also, recently, lost a couple friends who were sick with incurable cancer. It's a miracle any of us get very far. With that in mind, I just fell into the painting. I hope anyone who needs one, comes forward to get some!

Cant have cake without the milk!


No comments:

Post a Comment