Monday, October 15, 2018

Miami, love in three attempts

My favorite thing, hands down, about living in Florida is actually the city of Miami. It holds a unique place in geography, at the tip of this peninsula, with a vibrant cross section of diverse ethnic citizens creating the fabric of each community. We have Persian restaurants, Little Haiti, Little Havana, and multiple places where you can enjoy the arts of South America or dance to the Latin beat. I would not want to live in any other Florida city- To me, they all pale in comparison, literally- from the skin tones to the food flavors!
 Downtown Miami is like a wall of tall buildings cupping and reflecting the waters edge. The highways, especially I95 (route 1) straps against the architecture high on pillars along the backside. There is the latest (and her last) Zaha Hadid Condo , almost finished overlooking the lovely Perez Art Museum next to the Patricia and Phillip Frost Science museum. I actually live 88 blocks south of downtown, where, in the picture, you see a few tall buildings now going up. That is about 10 miles. But I can get to the museums between about 45 minutes and an hour on the Metrorail. Same time as  to drive, but without gritting my teeth as hard or the need to park.
The bridges to the left lead to South Beach, the Cruise ship port and Crandon Park (lighthouse) beach on Key Biscayne.
In the final drawing, I tried to capture the vibrant energy, with the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts anchoring the picture, but my ink got away from me. It is #Inktober
#100favfloridathings  #Miamiliving

No comments:

Post a Comment