Thursday, November 15, 2018

Florida recount

A crazy thing about Florida has to be the way we run elections and seem to lose track of ballots. This year I took my absentee ballot with me to the polls, turned it in blank for cancellation, and then voted  fresh in the machine. I told the attendee at the end that it feels as though our votes are being shredded. There is a hum to the machine as you insert individual pages (there were four of them front and back this time!). He laughed, but I walked away with out any proof I'd voted besides a sticker.
So we have a recount going on because our Senate and Governor's races were too close to call (within 1%). And it turns out, like I always suspected, that they don't count the mail-in, absentee, ballots UNLESS there is a recount. Is this Politics or Democracy?

No comments:

Post a Comment