Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Once the ballot is cast

I hope everybody gets themselves to a voting booth. It takes effort and research to be a good citizen in a healthy democracy. I have let that go in the past, but this year I have kept on top of the issues and feel empowered by casting my vote for local officials and state amendments.
There is plenty to worry about. Personally I feel we could be moving ourselves backwards in terms of individual liberties, the health of the planet for human life, and a common welfare for all. I am exhausted by all the ridiculous money pouring into campaigns that could be serving to improve our infrastructure, our schools, and the homeless/hungry/poverty stricken. But look!...
What's on my porch!? A Bromeliad in bloom. Today I will enjoy the colors of foliage, Miami style.
Tomorrow we continue the work. I am an activist artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment