Friday, November 23, 2018

Put inspiration on your shopping list

If you are out on a BLACK Friday shopping spree, think of this awesome gift idea.

When I was young, like 5 or 6,  my mother filled a gift box full of office supplies and that gift kept my sister and occupied for months. Then she went to Filene's basement and filled a box with hats. We played with those hats until they tore apart. My sister went on to perform on the stage and I created small galleries in the neighborhood. We were able to play and express ourselves with quality materials. The boxes still stand out, decades later, as the best gifts I ever got. They implied imagination and provoked a creative investigation that continues to fill my days with wonder today! Get art supplies, office supplies, hats and shoes from goodwill, hardware from the hardware store, or anything that serves as an ingredient and not the whole kit. Too many gifts are closed end projects. Give the gift of inspiration! It is perfect for almost anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment