Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Divorce document 1


I couldn't believe it had to be 40 pages! I mean... did we have that much to negotiate... and, at the same time, could our 23 years be reduced to just that? Its all about my assets and his debts. Soon to be my debts and his assets.
"My husband" is now a time-limited term. I'm sure it's all for the best. Really...
So, I strive to paint through this confusion....and my lawyer asks- "is it therapy or wallowing?"
I am not sure.
5 x 5 inches acrylic on foam core.

3 comments:

  1. A fascinating painting. What's behind your choice of green? To me this is a vivid but negative shade. How do you feel about this green, why did you choose it... Yes, 40 pages - too much but not enough. Maybe you can celebrate the transition if not the event. Or a better word, commemorate - which you have done, with this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting and writing about events is always good therapy..wishing you creative excellence in this time of transition- jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, really. Sometimes awful things won't go away until you accept them, paint them, etc.... I know.

    ReplyDelete