Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And then the chateau Maumont!!!!



This was like moving through a dream... feeling like a princess in the french countryside.
There isn't a more beautiful spot to relax, and feel pampered. You dream along the shores of the Touvre river... I painted and drew all day... 4 x 6 postcard size pictures. Magnac sur Touvre. There is even a unique and fabulous museum of cartoons in the nearby city of Angouleme. Perfect for the young at art.
My cousin's bed and breakfast- Chateau de Maumont

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I love your style and expressive style. My 7 year old daughter commented she felt like a princess when we visited one of the United Sates "castels", Biltmore, but I couldn't help feelings of being the laundry maid. I guess it has something to do with having 6 kids. ha ha. Anyway, I stumbled upon your blog and am captivated. It truly inspires me to keep drawing and to use my watercolors with my sketches - it adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING these travel scenes you've posted (and am kind of jealous infact!) these are soooo delightful. Makes me want to go pack my bags & book a flight over!! (sigh) just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret and Roxanne- thank you for such nice comments... Part of the magic of this trip is that my children are grown and I can rely on my son to carry his own luggage- possibly mine- and behave in a way i don't have to clean up after him... So I do feel like a travel princess today!

    ReplyDelete