Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day tripping

...with no singular brilliant thought in my head. Something about rubbing shoulders with the masses, and tunneling back out to my country home makes me want to just write out loud that I am alive. I exist! I am piecing my life into place, like a crane building a new tower. Moving out of my comfort zone and thinking outside myself as I just read 101 grant proposals and voted on giving away money... to organizations that house the homeless, defend the minorities, educate and put art in the public realm. It's a privilege to be so assigned. Great thinkers exist. You exist. I hear it and see it and read it. And I believe it. Together we can move from misery to celebration. Little steps, like one day at a time, a reach across worlds, a small movement...


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Sounds like an amazing rush of adrenaline. I can't think of anyone more suited to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete