Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'll understand the story... tomorrow

This started as an homage to Cuban artist David Rodrigues. (See post: Thank you). Having worked on several paintings the same evening, I let this one sort of slip on it's own course. I began with an idea of woman in side profile wearing an elegant red dress made out of maps. Well, she soon gained weight (ugh), and, in spite of that, the ground formed fingers lifting her. The "thought bubbles" are text from pages ripped out of an old journal. I'm a little frightened of the house in the background! Don't know where it came from, but it looks dark and on stilts. I have no idea what the image says about me or about anything... yet.
Here's a sample of how story telling can get completely out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment