Sunday, October 10, 2010

Using some of the smaller painting to inform the larger

I did what I could in the few hours left to myself this weekend. Moved the paint around, and the challenge was layering the shapes in such a way as to sing with joy and imply intimacy without being overly explicit. I don't have a message to hammer out... just... a song, of sorts, to hum.
Spent the morning hours delivering signs to artists involved in next weeks ArtEast Open studio tour. It should be really great- almost all are new artists to the tour and several studio's are brand spanking new! The fiscal sponsor of ArtEast is the Dutchess County Arts Council. I will be going on the tour next Saturday and Sunday. Hope there is a good turn out... so much incredible inspiration is usually inaccessible. This opportunity is a rare one. www.arteastdutchess.com.

1 comment: